Welcome to Antoine Mountain
COVID-19 Operational Plan for the 2021-2022 Winter Season
Antoine Mountain is committed to offering a safe and healthy winter season, even though things will look and feel different. Our team will continue to work closely with our local Public Health Unit to ensure the well-being of our community, following COVID-19 regulations and implementing industry best practices.
There are few changes to the way our team will be able to operate, and we will continue to adapt the plan as necessary to remain relevant and in compliance with provincial and regional recommendations. Antoine Mountain is taking extra steps to promote health and safety.
Our team is comprised of over 30+ employees and volunteers that have been through extensive training. Our training include our COVID-19 protocols so that all employees are well versed in the importance of protecting themselves and others. All our employees, volunteers and guests will be practicing the same wellness measures to keep everyone safe.
In our commitment to provide a date environment for our community we will require everyone 12 years of age and older to be fully vaccinated on-site this season.
These are challenging times, and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. We commit to keeping our website updated with changes, as our operational plan is subject to change without notice, in accordance with guidelines provided by the Government and Public Health. Our team will continue to prioritize your safety and with everyone's cooperation we believe we can provide the same unique fun-filled Northern experience you have come to know and love!
Wellness includes the provincial and regional requirements to help protect our guests and minimize transmission. These parameters have been put into place to protect our employees and guests. These requirements will change from time to time, without notice, as directed by Public Health.
Made of tightly woven cloth or fabric, with at least two layers.
- Fits snugly, without gaps.
- Covers your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Does not impair your vision.
- When wearing a mask ensure the mask is secure and avoid touching your mask or your face.
- Apply and remove your mask with clean hands (washed using soap and water or sanitized with an alcohol-based sanitizer 70%). •
Face masks must always be worn, in all areas including but not limited to:
- From the parking lot forward.
- Waiting in lines to enter the building or making purchases at our outdoor windows.
- When interacting with any of our Team.
- Waiting at the base of the hill congregated in groups, or when physical distancing requirements may not be met.
- Waiting in the lift line.
- Loading a lift.
- Riding a lift.
- Unloading a lift.
- In our Snow School meeting areas: Private Lessons, Group Lessons, and Racing.
- While engaged in our lesson programs with an Instructor.
- In all Indoor spaces; including washrooms, stairways, hallways, Cliffhanger Lounge, CAfeteria, Rental Shop.
- Masks must be worn in our food and beverage areas (second floor) and may only be removed when engaged in the act of eating or drinking. Help keep our staff safe!
- At the warming area. • We also recommend you wear a face mask while skiing and snowboarding.
- Face masks are not a substitute for physical distancing.
- Entering or leaving a public space, food and beverage, washrooms, or any other structure at the resort.
- After contact with others.
- After contact with surfaces others have touched.
- Before and after meals or breaks
Code of Wellness for our Daily Operations
- Wears a face mask while visiting
- Maintains physical distancing
- Practices good hand hygiene
- Does not visit the property if they have any of the following symptoms: Fever or chills, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. Cough, sore throat, trouble swallowing, runny nose / stuffy nose or nasal congestion. Decrease or loss of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain. Not feeling well, extreme tiredness, or sore muscles. If they have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days. Have had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 or have been asked to remain at home by Public Health.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, or a full series of a combination of accepted vaccines.
- Have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to you visit.
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Present your vaccine receipt and ID at entry to the property. Children under the age of 12 must have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to enter
Operating Hours 2021-2022
How to get inside to where you want to go? Entry is reserved for those purchasing or renting goods and services, or those using the washroom. Guests will need to hand sanitize, wear a face mask, and maintain physical distance to enter. Foot traffic indoors will be directional, with physical markers to direct one-way and two-way traffic. Always be courteous to other guests and minimize cross traffic. You may only enter the chalet from main doors at the ticket sales entry.
Enter through the main doors. The line to enter will form first door located on the left side of the building when approaching from the ticket sales stairs. Once you have purchased rentals in chalet you will then proceed to the Rental Shop. Follow the walkway and physical distancing markers.
FOOD & BEVERAGE (BAR & CAFETERIA)
Enter the main ticket sales entry, proceed directly up the stairs.
Enter through the main ticket sales doors and follow the signage and directional arrows to the right.
How do I get back outside?
You will be asked to maintain one directional flow and exit the chalet from the doors listed below. Always be courteous to other guests and minimize cross traffic.
Exit through the 2 doors marked with signage facing directly at the mountain.
FOOD & BEVERAGE (BAR & CAFETERIA)
Exit to the deck and leave the deck from the two main outdoor staircase to the left and right.
Exit through the single glass hillside doors.
*Please leave yourself ample time before scheduled lessons to be served indoors if needed.
Paying for Items
Credit or Debit are the preferred methods of payment. Cash will only be available at designated wickets. We are encouraging all guests to use the tap function as much as possible.
Season Pass, Multi-Card, Lesson Tag Pick-Up
Season Passes, Multi-Cards and Lesson Tags may be picked-up at the Customer Services Desk commencing December 26th, 2021 from 8:30am to 2:00pm daily.
- Proof of age and address will be required for pick-up for every person.
- Registrants over the age of 18 must be present to sign the Waiver and Wellness Agreement.
- Registrants under the age of 18 will require their legal parent/guardian to be present to sign their Waiver and Wellness Agreement.
- Day ticket purchasers will be masked during their transaction indoors and outdoors.
- Guests will be asked to comply with our Wellness Code. Our code asks that; you wear a face mask, practice physical distancing of 2-metres, practice good hand and overall hygiene, do not have a new or worsening fever or chills, difficulty breathing, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, nausea, feeling unwell, have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID case, or asked to remain at home by Public Health.
Lost & Found
Items found should be turned in to the Customer Service Desk in a timely manner. Items with value will be held and we will attempt to return them to the rightful owner. All other items will be disposed of daily as we do not have the capacity this year to hold items indefinitely. Please report any lost, stolen, or found items to the Customer Service Desk.
Washrooms will only be accessible on the main floor of the chalet. Washrooms will be cleaned regularly. Be considerate of fellow guests and leave the facility as soon as you are finished to allow for others to use.
Lockers, Storage & A Place to Change
There will be day lockers available for rent in the Locker & Cubby area on the main floor this season, with entry from main ticket doors. Guests will need to hand sanitize, wear a face mask, and maintain physical distance to enter. Outdoor equipment storage racks will be available in front of the chalet. Antoine Mountain is not responsible for lost or stolen items, and the day lockers will be cleaned out each night. There is limited space in the chalet to come in and change. Please use your personal vehicle as a private chalet if you are able and willing
All transactions will be completed at ticket sales and guests will take their receipt and proceed on the directional physical distancing floor markers to the Rental Shop building. Guests are encouraged to come a minimum of 1-hour prior to lesson for rental fitting. Capacity has been reduced to allow for adequate physical distancing. Guests will be served on a first come first served basis, by family or as individuals. Guests will need to hand sanitize, wear a face mask, and maintain physical distance to enter. Only guests requiring rental equipment will be permitted entry. Guest under the age of 12 may be accompanied by one guardian. All equipment will be returned through the double glass doors, being courteous to other guests and minimizing cross traffic. Foot traffic will flow in one direction, exiting the Rental Shop. Rental helmets and boots will be sanitized after each use.
Tech Shop Services
Equipment to be serviced (waxed or sharpened) will be dropped-off and picked-up in the Retail Stop building. Minor adjustments will be paid at ticket sales. The Tech Shop will open December 26, 2021 for seasonal service
Private lesson booking is encouraged via email or telephone. All participants will need to wear a face mask and maintain physical distance. Private Lesson check-in will be done at the customer service desk. Cancelled lessons will be accepted up to 24 hours in advance with a full credit valid until the last day of the current winter season. Cancelled lessons after 24 hours notice or no shows will not receive a credit. We make every effort to honour your Instructor requests but, in some circumstances, they may need to be substituted without notice.
All racers will be signing a Waiver and Wellness Agreement for the season. All racers will need to wear a face mask and maintain physical distance when possible. Training will run in all weather, except for lightning. If Antoine Mountain is unable to operate due to weather conditions, it will be posted on our home webpage two hours prior. There will be no indoor warming area in the chalet for racers so please dress accordingly. Parents/Guardians or anyone doing drop-off and pick-up must wear a mask and maintain physical distance.
If we are unable to run our Holiday Camps because of lack of snow or weather conditions you will receive a refund. If the Holiday Camps are unable to run because of a Public Health related closure, we would offer a credit, as explained in our COVID-19 Assurance Policy.
Food & Beverage Services (2nd Floor)
Guests will need to hand sanitize, wear a face mask, and maintain physical distance to enter. Capacity has been reduced to allow for physical distancing. Food and beverage dining areas will be divided into cafeteria service area, bar area and cooler bag lunches. The deck area will be used for guests to enjoy cooler bag lunches, cafeteria items and adult beverages from the bar when the harmer weather allows for it. Once capacity is reached indoors, guests will wait for entry on the balcony in the designated line. This will serve as a visual for others skiing and snowboarding so that they may time their visit accordingly. All beverages will be ordered from the bar while guests are masked and physically distanced. Guests are always required to wear their masks when in our food and beverage areas, except when in the act of eating or drinking. You must be seated to eat or drink. Help keep our staff safe! All guests are asked to clear their table to garbage and recycling and return any glass wear to the designated trays located within the chalet. Antoine Mountain staff will clean, and sanitize the table and seats after you. Guests will not be permitted to bring their own food or beverage into the cafeteria service area and bar area of the chalet.
Chairlifts & Handle Tow
Guests must wear a mask in the lift lines, loading, riding, and unloading areas. We also recommend that guests wear their face mask while on-hill skiing or snowboarding. Lift lines have been arranged to allow for physical distancing. Guests are encouraged to ride with those they arrived with. Please refrain from congregating on-hill. Guests that are not wearing their mask will be subject to the following:
- A warning and single punch on their day ticket, lesson tag, card, pass, or membership.
- If warned again for the same offense a second punch on their day ticket or pass.
- On the third warning privilege will be removed. Day Tickets will be removed with no opportunity for reissue or refund. Passes or multi-card tags will be removed and require a meeting with the Director of Guest Experience to be reinstated. Once reinstated if the guest receives two additional warnings and punches the third results in a permanent removal of the lesson tag, card, pass or membership with no refund or opportunity for reissue.
We recognize some of our industry colleagues ask that you pre-register or pre-purchase your visit to their facility, regardless if you are a member or day user. Antoine Mountain has decided that we will not be taking that approach. We empower our guests to decide if they wish to ski or snowboard on a particular day based on the parking lot and lift lines. • With reduced capacities instituted by physical distancing we are confident these measures are enough. Our team will have customer service representatives working outdoors to help guide your decision as you arrive, so that you are aware of potential wait times.
Signage at the entrances and in the parking lots will explain protocols. Guests are asked to maintain physical distancing and be mindful of neighbouring vehicles. Give others space to come and go from their vehicle in a physically safe manner. All personal garbage is to be taken home. Parking lots will be monitored for illegal activity and Police Service will be called to assist in necessary matters. Warming areas have been installed at the entrance of the lower parking lot. Please exercise caution when around the fire and do not climb on or around the structure.
Your Chalet on Wheels (Your Vehicle)
Guests are encouraged to use their vehicles as their personal storage and dressing area. Guests personal food and bagged lunches are not permitted in any part of the chalet. We would encourage you to leave valuables in your vehicle.
First Aid (Patrol)
Guests (patients) will need to hand sanitize, wear a face mask, wellness screen and maintain physical distance to enter. All efforts will be made to limit physical contact of the patient. Guests who are injured and transferred to the patrol room, may have one guardian/family member/friend permitted to accompany them in the Patrol room. The accompanying individual must wear a face mask, maintain physical distance, sanitize their hands upon entry after wellness screening. The patrol room is closed to anyone that is not receiving medical care or on-duty.